Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Friday, December 19, 2008

Hanging in there.

Sorry it has been so long since the last post. But it isn't fun to post things when things are crapy. Dad is hanging in there. When they said that this would be the worst week, they were right. Dad has been really sick with stomach cramps so bad that he has to take morphine. Then a few days ago he had a high fever that they couldn't control. They found that he had an infection in his port so he is on another antibotic for that. He hasn't been able to keep anything down so he is now on a supplement that gives him all the nutrients that he needs. All of his meds are now given through his port because they think he has sores all down his throat and maybe into his stomach. I could keep going but to sum it up things are just really crapy for him right now. Mom is so worried that she doesn't dare leave the hospital at nights now so she is sleeping there in the room. Or maybe I should say that she is staying there in the room cuz I am sure she isn't sleeping. But they are both so strong and if they can just get through the next couple of days I hope things will get better. I have to agree with Penny when she said "CANCER SUCKS" but to try to put some kind of good twist on it. I have never seen my parents relationship stronger. I thought before the cancer they were really close and always worked things out together but to see them now....how my mom won't leave his side. And how when we went to see them, Dad was more thankful that we were there for mom than for him. How lucky am I to have such amazing parents. And this holiday season has meant more to me than any other Christmas in the past. It just really makes you grateful for the ones that you love and for your health. I am so grateful for my family and all that we have. Dad if you are reading this I love you and just hang on, you are almost done. Wish I could be there every minute.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

We love you and are thinking about you always.

lisa h. said...

i'm sorry to hear how bad it has been. hopefully he'll feel better soon. when he feels healthy and has an appetite do people bring in food or does he just get hospital food? i'm sure it would be nice to have homecooked meals.

RGC said...

What a story of love and perserverance with all that you are going through. Our love and prayers are with you all. It's hard to have to "endure" what will cure you.

Ralph, Carolyn and Kids