Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, December 8, 2008

One day at a time.

I talked to Mom today and Dad is doing pretty good. He has been doing the chemo treatments since Friday. He has had pretty bad headaches and he has been really sick to his stomach. But all that is expected. They are trying to get his stomach feeling better with medicine and they have found some pain medicine that works for his headaches. So things are doing better. He has a bike in his room that he tries to ride a few times a day for exercise. I think he calls it Black Beauty. That sounds like something he would say. She said they were just taking one day at a time. And just dealing with each new symptom that the chemo creates. For something that is supposed to make him better that is sure some nasty stuff. But she sounded like she was doing fairly well too, but you know her she has to be tough as nails all the time. That is what helps them through all of this so I guess I am grateful for that. I just wish I could be there for both of them like they have been there for me all my life. I guess I can be but I will have to do it from a distance. Well that is the update thus far. I will keep posting any new info that I get. Thank you to those who have commented I send them on to Mom and Dad. They appreciate it.

1 comment:

Linda said...

It is so hard to imagine the pain your dad and mother have gone through. They are just the best of the best and we are proud of their determination and strong spirit. Why can't the rest of deal with our junk?!!
Love you all,
Aunt Linda