Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass.
It's about learning to dance in the rain.

Monday, January 5, 2009

My Dad is THE MAN

As Kristy posted before, my dad is no longer in the hospital. I just have to tell you how glad I am that I was able to fly home for Grandma's funeral and to be able to see dad again. When I left the hospital, dad was sitting up in bed anxious to leave, but before that I just have to tell everyone how good dad looked compared to two days before that. He was up talking and joking around. Just so you have an idea of what he has been through . . . Dad said, "They try to prepare you for what it will be like, but it wasn't even close. I don't think I would ever do that again. I was dry-heaving so bad I could see my rear end come up through my teeth." Doesn't that just sound like a healthy dad. He still has a tough road ahead, but I am just so proud of my dad. He has been so strong through the whole thing. I also have to say this about mom . . . Mom you are truly amazing. You have not left dad's side and I know he would not have made it through without you. I love you both so much and we are all so blessed to have you as our parents. Love, Shellie (Oh and if anyone comes across a red suitcase and a car seat with my name on it let me know. Yep, my luggage has been lost by the airlines and it could be anywhere by now.)

No comments: